Target group: all DC Card holders
All cash withdrawal and non-cash transactions made with Diners Club Cards are protected with a PIN code, i.e. an individually selected 4-digit password.
Secure PIN code
In order to ensure your funds are safe, you should closely follow the following safety rules related to your PIN code.
- Always select a unique combination of digits as your PIN code.
- This should NOT be: your date of birth (e.g. 6 April = 0604), a simple set of digits (e.g. 1111), an obvious sequence of digits (e.g. 1234) or part of your current postal code or part of the DC card number as they do not provide you with a sufficient level of security if your card is lost. Thus, they may be rejected by the Diners Club Polska Authorisation Centre, and the Card holder/user will be required to select a different PIN code with a sufficient encryption level.
- Never disclose your PIN code to anyone under any circumstances.
- You should not write your PIN code down. And especially your PIN code written down should not be kept close to your cards, in your wallet or in your personal documents file.
- When making transactions using your PIN code (cash withdrawal at an ATM), you should cover the keypad with your hand when entering the code. This will prevent unauthorised persons from seeing your code.
The above PIN code security rules will provide you with the highest level of security. Diners Club Polska shall be liable only for such unauthorised transactions (e.g. with your stolen card) that were made without using your PIN code.
How to set up a PIN code
- Call the DC Customer Service (at +48 22 8260766) and set up your PIN code during a single conversation.
- The PIN code becomes active within 15 minutes.